Senior Commercial Partnerships Manager
The Senior Commercial Partnerships Manager, reporting into the Head of Partnerships, will have responsibility to maintain, grow and extend excellent relationships with all AS Monaco FC sponsors/partners and ensure a ‘best in class’ client service.
He/she is responsible for managing the relationships with existing Partners to ensure both parties optimize the commercial return (ROI) from each agreement and create the basis for improved fees and long term growth.
The Partnership team aims to add value to Partners with a ‘best-in-class’ approach, whilst also working seamlessly with other departments within AS Monaco to ensure Partner rights are leveraged and delivered (as per the contract obligations) effectively.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Ensuring Partnership rights are planned, delivered, evaluated to the highest of servicing standards in order to optimize ROI/ROO for Partner.
- Providing leadership & support to direct reports in order to develop progressive approach with Partners
- Add value by working with Head of Partnerships to agree objectives and activation plans / areas of improvement with designated Partners
- Full ownership of client relationship with responsibility to collaborate in development of strategic activation plan with the Partner
- Work with Partner to maximize the value of their rights, e.g. identifying and delivering opportunities for Partners to activate their Club association
- Develop structured approach on how projects will be planned, implemented, measured and improved
- Central role in ensuring AS Monaco is represented to the highest standards at all times externally with Partners (under responsibility)
- Ensuring contractual obligations are fulfilled flawlessly at all times (provide regular updates and monitor progress)
- Build knowledge of Partner business categories (competitor activity, brand immersion, trends etc.) working closely with the sales team
- Provide strategic input to help develop effective activation & measurement plans
- Ensure a consistent budgetary process is followed at all times with up to date reports held on file including liaising with Finance for invoice compliance
- Measurement / reporting: Continuously track and deliver post-campaign evaluations on Partners activation
- Utilizing data and insights to continually improve Partnership offering and working closely with the Business Intelligence unit
- Proposing and managing a season reviewed Account Plan to understand and develop the partnership contract
- Oversee all related category supply processes connected to the contract obligations – e.g. Car supply needs for the club in liaison with HR Division
- The ideal candidate will have minimum 5 years’ experience in sponsorship / activation for a premium sports rights holder with an additional experience on client relationship and management.
- Relevant experience of providing first-class account / project management for, or on behalf of brands across multiple sectors & markets
- Strong understanding of brand marketing and experience of managing / implementing campaigns across traditional and new media channels (e.g. digital / social media) on behalf of a variety of brands / sectors
- Experience in managing, planning and implementation of Partnership related activation programmes
- Experience of contract and rights management & fulfilment (including brand approvals / brand guardianship, supply)
- Attention to detail and excellent organization, planning and project management skills to ensure flawless delivery of rights
- A dynamic, confident communicator (verbal, written) who is able to build mutually beneficial and strong relationships with a broad range of internal & external stakeholders, adapting style and approach as and when required (ability to influence positively)
- Flexible approach to work with a passion for high volume and fast paced operational environment and a proven commitment to teamwork
- Innovative, lateral thinker who is able to balance operational delivery with the drive to make creative & continuous improvements
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- English (fluent)
- 3rd language highly appreciated